Who is A Morning Cup of Jo?
I’ve come to realize that enjoying a daily dose of fun and creativity to offset life’s stressors is an essential part of my overall happiness. Making the time to get away from the hustle and bustle of “the real world” to do something I truly love should be as ritualistic as making my cup(s) of coffee every morning! Whether I decide to crochet, go to the park, sing and dance in my pajamas, or just act goofy, the important part is that I’m enjoying myself and making the most out of each day. A Morning Cup of Jo is a reminder to myself and to those who may relate. :)
I created this blog to share my passion for amigurumi and meet others who share a love for the little things in life. I’m a self-taught amigurumi artist and I love designing my own creations! Each new design typically starts with a fuzzy thought in the middle of the night, a random spark of inspiration, or a request from a friend. Lots of trial-and-error follows as I ‘sculpt’ — I can’t even count how many hours are spent undoing and redoing stitches to match the design in my mind… or how many unwanted, crocheted body parts are hiding in all the nooks and crannies of my room. Haha I’m serious — I find limbs in the most random places! Despite how frustrating designing/crocheting can be sometimes, I am absolutely in love with what I do! The learning process is fun, and I am always looking for more ways to improve my skills. I hope that the time and care I put into each individual piece shows through when you see my final creation! :) Seeing the surprise and happiness on someone’s face when they see/receive my creations brings joy into my life and inspires me to continue crafting.
After reluctantly joining the blogging community at the beginning of 2011 (my friends forced me to jump on the blogging bandwagon), I’ve met so many wonderful people with fascinating stories, amazing humor, and big hearts! I am truly thankful for the friendships that we’ve formed and for the memories we’ve shared. <3 I’m excited to set sail on my 2012 adventures at full speed, and I hope you’ll all come for the ride!
What’s in store for 2012?
1) I hope to finally open my online shop(s) for my handmade amigurumi pieces, crochet patterns, and other creations!!! Opening a shop and participating in a crafts fair have been longtime dreams of mine, and I aim to make these dreams a reality! The crafts fair may have to wait, but it WILL happen one day!!!
GOAL ACHIEVED. April 2012.
Etsy (handmade gifts): www.amorningcupofjo.etsy.com
Craftsy (cute crochet patterns): www.craftsy.com/user/pattern/store/476288
2) I’ll ACTUALLY be writing my crochet patterns down this year! It’s time for me to learn to follow patterns so that I’ll know how to write them! LOL that must sound really weird… yes, I’ve only followed three amigurumi patterns in my lifetime (an octopus, a crab, and a monkey), so I could use the practice. After extensive editing and testing, I’ll start publishing my pattern designs!
GOAL ACHIEVED. May 15, 2012.
Check out my Spring Bunny Pattern!!!
3) Free tutorials are going to be published this year! Since I am self-taught, I want to offer all the help I can for others who are trying to learn amigurumi on their own. I’ll be posting tutorials on handy techniques and things I wish someone else told me when I was first learning. Keep an eye out for them! :)
GOAL ACHIEVED. May 2012.
Check out my first FREE Spring Flower pattern!
4) My aunt and I want to open a joint business making eco-friendly and nature-inspired goods for special events (like weddings, baby showers, birthdays, etc.) and gifting! Inspiring others to be more earth friendly is something I’ve also been passionate about for a while now, so this is something I’m really excited about. :D
(MISSION ABANDONED. It was too much for us to take on after considering how busy we already are. T__T)
5) You can now find me on many different websites! Connect with me on:
- Facebook (special offers, giveaways, and announcements will be posted here)
- My Personal Crafts Tumblr Blog (special offers, giveaways, and announcements will be posted here)
If you have any questions, comments, or you just want to say, “Hi,” please feel free to email me at: